Tuesday, August 21, 2012

In Print - Romantic Homes Magazine


Last week I noticed while flying quickly through the pages of the Romantic Homes September issue that I was featured!
This blog here, yes this one, was featured again!
I had a double whammy of exposure!



Last week I had other things on my mind so I felt that this could wait...
So... go to page 10! And there it is!



I love love love it...
And of course not to forget a big thank you to Beth Livesay she is the scout behind finding our blogs and giving us bloggers the extra attention that puts us on cloud nine!

Last week I stopped at the cutest little quilt shop in town!
The first one I pass when I get at the bottom of the mountain...
It is called the Temecula Quilt Co.
The owner only carries Old War quilt fabrics...
So when you are looking for something with old, natural colors as in pretty browns and reds that is where to go!
For those of you that love quilting or just sewing it is perfect eye candy!

I did pick some fabric - Not that I needed any...
But it was to stretch my creative juices even further... 
To be inspired by something new...
Not something that had been sitting in my stash for a while.
Well, and honestly I don't or hardly have any purple's so when I saw this one I took half a yard...
When you are a tiny, little, petite girl, half a yard is all you need to make an adorable little skirt.



The one on the top is the "Civil War Ladies By Judy Rothermel"
The one on the bottom is from "Cranston Village" and I had that one already for several years... just never found the right fabric to go with it until now...

Got to hurry because it is almost "Back to School".
 And then my sewing will be on the back burner for a little while...
Hummm???? I will be making a cute little wrap around skirt for her with these...

Well, it just started raining here, actually it is pouring...
Time to grab a cup of hot tea... and enjoy this pour down!
Has it finally cooled off where you are?


With Love...

Sandy

5 comments:

Joy said...

I love the sweet little fall dress you made! It's absolutely beautiful and looks so perfect for autumn! I'm sure your little one will love it.

I need to do some sewing very soon, too. Can't wait to get started!

And congratulations for being featured again! ♥

Amber said...

I so wish I had your talent of sewing, Sandy! Make sure you post a picture of your babe in her new dress. Congratulations on your publication!! :) Love to see familiar, deserving friends in there. I, too, am looking forward to fall!
xo, Amber

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Congratulations Sandy on the feature in Romantic Magazine!!! I will have to take a peek for myself. Yeah Sandy:)

Le Style said...

First of all, congratulations! Super .....
I love your photos!

What a wonderful autumn dress, you're so creative.

Thank you for always enthusiastic responses. So nice to read that Le Style inspires you.

Warmest regards,
Yet

Julia C. said...

Sandy!!! You were featured again!! I have been so busy and then we had one with E.Coli for 2 weeks....so I have not been able to visit. Your dress is so adorable and I am so happy for you!! Congratulations:).

~Julia