Friday, October 5, 2012

Ready for the weekend - and a pancake recipe!

Hello Everyone!

Well, I have been up to a lot this week, but I guess I am working faster then my camera and I can keep up with.
So I am running behind on taking the photo's for me to use in my posts. And I have so much that I love to share here...
Also, I am still not completely used to teaching two boys for school too. Yikes... What I guess am trying to say is.... Time just flies by way too fast.


So this morning when my wee ones wanted some breakfast I noticed we had run out of bread. And the bread machine takes 2 hours on a loaf, way too long for a grumpy little tummy.

So pancakes it is!

I looked in the fridge and noticed no yoghurt, or buttermilk.

So how did I get such nice pancakes "sans" milk, buttermilk or yoghurt?




I have done it before - using sour cream instead of buttermilk or yoghurt, this morning they turned out great again and I decided that I just had to share this recipe with you all!





What you need:

(yields about 14 pancakes)
2 cups of white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 egss
1 cup of sour cream
2 cups of water

Mix all dry ingredients together first.
Add eggs, sour cream and water.
Use a wire whisk to mix it all together (but do not over mix till smooth - some lumps are normal)

And now here is the trick to get the nice fluffy/thick pancakes...
Let the batter sit for about 5 - 10 minutes. (This way the baking soda and baking powder can actually do their work)

I like to use butter (no oil) for my griddle and start baking the pancakes.
When the air bubbles appear on top of the pancake it is a sign to flip them.

And Voila!

Enjoy your sour cream pancakes!



Blessing to you...
And have a delightfully good weekend!

Sandy

2 comments:

lief handwerk said...

Hallo lieve Sandy, Wat ziet dat er lekker uit. Ik ga zeker het recept proberen. Ik heb net weer een nieuwe pop op mijn weblog gezet, en ik heb weer stofjes van jou gebruikt voor twee schattige jurkjes. Wat zijn het toch lieve stofjes allemaal. Soms moeilijk om te kiezen.
Liefs, Ieke

Le Style said...

Hi Sandy

I hope you enjoyed the delicious special pancakes and the weekend!
I enjoy every time your cute enthusiastic responses, thank you!

Enjoy the new week!

Hearty regards,
Yet