Monday, November 12, 2012

Home baked Dougnuts...



Hello there... Did you have a lovely weekend? Mine was very relaxing... (and I like it that way).

  Do I have a deliciously awesome recipe for you! (just click at bottom of this post)



As I searched and searched for almost 2 years to find myself a Doughnut Pan fit for the oven...
Suddenly there it was and of course I could not help myself and immediately start using it.




These are sooooo delicious!
You have to hurry up though if you want to take the pictures before the kids get to eat them all...
These won't last and they are so fun to decorate with the kids.


And to top it off!
They are much healthier than store bought!



I found my doughnut pan at Joann's and used a 40% off coupon towards it. (always helps)
These pans are also available at Williams and Sonoma but are a tad bit priced higher... (and no coupon)
So for me it was definitely worth the wait.

I would love to hear your excitement when you give these a try!
They are so easy to bake... And you will receive the "best Mom in the world Award!" At least until you tell them to clean up their room!

Okay, I am off to share this with Lisa... Shine your Light Mangia Monday's

Hugs!

Sandy

For the recipe:
just double click here:



Makes 6 doughnuts
Prep 10 minutes
Bake @ 325 degrees for 13 min.

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1 egg
4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 Heat oven to 325 degr.
Coat a 6 indentation doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray... (I just butter them in with butter :)

2. in large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and slat. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Add milk mixture to flour mixture: whisk until smooth.

3 Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut off a corner and squeeze batter into prepared indents, about 2/3 ful.
Smooth tops. Bake for 13 min. until doughnuts bounce back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on rack 3 minutes, then carefully turn out onto rack to cool.

When the doughnuts were completely cooled off I made a white frosting:

In a small bowl combine 1 cup of confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk (I used coconut milk)
Stir until smooth. Dip cooled doughnuts into bowl and allow excess frosting to drip back into bowl.
Transfer to the rack. Top with sprinkles, coconut or mini chips, if you like.
Transer any extra frosting to a plastic bag... (you can reuse it within a week for another batch of DOUGHNUTS!)

source:
Family circle April 1.10
(adapted a little bit to "my" liking and family)

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Homemade-Tanja said...

Hey Sandy, bedankt voor je leuke reactie bij mij. Trots ben ik zeker op ons en het ziet er naar uit dat het gaat lukken. Nu is mooi mijn tweede voornemen voor dit jaar ook gelukt. Het eerste was afvallen en dat is ook gelukt. Ik ben 14 kilo afgevallen en het lukt om op gewicht te blijven.
Maar als jij van die lekkere dingen blijft maken dan krijg ik wel trek, bij het zien van de foto's. Maar gelukkig wordt van aan het scherm likken niet dik ;-)

Fijne dag meis,
Liefs
Tanja

romance-of-roses said...

Hi Sandy, what a coincidence that I was wanting to make donuts. Will go get your recipe and hopefully find the
pan at Jo-anns. I too use the coupons when ever I can. Hope all of your lovely family are well, I am doing a boutique this weekend so will be very busy. Blessings...Lu

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh Sandy, those look delicious! I must find myself a donut pan….my family would be so thrilled! I'm sure your kiddos were delighted that you had a 40% off coupon and picked up that pan!!! Thanks for linking up to MM!

Beth said...

Sandy, I woke up craving something sweet, then I saw this post! I would love to have breakfast with you!!

romance-of-roses said...

Ok Sandy, just came back to let you know that I made the donuts and we loved them. Making more in a little while. Have another boutique this weekend. Hugs...Lu

romance-of-roses said...

Hi Sandy, Just came back to let you know that I made the donuts and we loved them. Wanted to thank you and making more today. Hugs...Lu