Thursday, January 10, 2013

Staying warm in Velvet...

Hello there...
Oh boy Oh boy it is freezing cold out here!
Well not as cold maybe as in some States, but when it feels cold it feels cold right? Yes? Add ten degrees and we would still say it's cold.

Well, one of the items I have a lot of in my closet is skirts! Mostly Maxi Skirts!
You know the ones that just make you feel like a girly girl princess kind of a girl?
I favor the ones that actually sway around you when you walk...
As if I am in a dance...

But since it is so cold most skirts are just more for the warmer months...
It just does not matter how thick my socks I still am cold on my legs, but I am just not the "Long John's" type of gal! (Sorry John!)

So here is one of my girls modeling for us again... In my skirt again!
Some day I will model for yah...
Here is one of my favorite "go to skirts" at this time of year.








Customized denim jacket by c'est Moi...
Here with black lace and black Jacquard on the back...
Buttons embellished with Swarovski Crystals...




For the peasant blouse I used a soft 100% cotton with a vintage print and added black lace to the 3/4 sleeves.
When I thought it was finished I looked at it for days... something was missing... so I decided to add shirring above the waist right under the chest. (at the ribs)
Shirring gives a smocked effect but it stretches because of elastic stitched to the inside. 

The skirt is made of a stretch velvet...
And make no mistake cause it is next to impossible to correct!
The last ruffle is again a lace with velvety roses.

This whole outfit will be listed/available in my Etsy shop within 24 hrs.

But as it is...

Here my favorite...


What is your go to item in your wardrobe?

Stay warm and cozy...

 A hug,
Sandy


3 comments:

Beth said...

Loving your outfit posts! Glad to see you back to posting. I am trying to do better too. Happy New Year!

Jeny said...

Thanks for sharing the nice dresses and photos are looking owesome. Thanks for sharing.
cotton black velvet
Thanks.

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Well I know that I should be commenting on my "go to outfit" but first I just have to say again..that model...man oh man....what a beauty!

Love...Rita
p.s. I'll stay on script next time:)